Not only has it been a destination for family days out for generations, it has also been a unique wedding venue for budding courtships.
Is it the playful carnival atmosphere that brings out the cheeky teenagers in adults who visit, or the magical carnival lights that twinkle around the Park as the sun sets over Port Philip Bay?
No matter the reason, there’s a little bit of magic about Luna Park that keeps generations of families, friends and lovers coming back within its grand exterior. It truly is the perfect wedding reception venue for a memorable, iconic wedding day.
Luna Park Melbourne’s Unique Wedding Packages
We know that your wedding is like no other, so we tailor our catering, room and ride packages to suit every couple!
We have four function spaces available for booking in Luna Park Melbourne. The heritage listed Luna Palace Function Room, a sectioned off area in the Park grounds, The Garden Terrace and our newest additions, The Stardust Room and The Moon Deck.
All of these areas are large and extremely versatile so whatever personal theme you have planned for your big day, we can make it happen.
Function space capacities:
- Stardust Room: Cocktail party of up to 150 guests or formal dining of up to 100 guests
- Moon Deck: Cocktail party of up to 100 guests
- Luna Palace: Cocktail party of up to 550 guests, theatre style for up to 350 guests or formal dining for up to 250 guests
- Garden Terrace: Cocktail party for up to 500 guests ir formal dining for up to 300 guests
Our Wedding Décor package includes:
- Linen ceiling
- Dance floor on the vintage dodgem cars track (a little slice of history!)
Luna Park is proud to present a partnership with Going Gourmet Catering. This unique catering company uses fresh, Australian grown produce to present truly spectacular and memorable packages.
There are many menus to choose from- we can create menus to suit the night, combination of buffet and canapé, formal sit down or dessert stations.
Available packages include:
- Canapé menus
- Grazing platters
- Gourmet or premium BBQ packages
- Buffet meals
- 3 course fine dining
Every wedding feast is different, so chat to our wedding coordinator about what satisfies your appetite today.
Luna Park is an ideal location to hold a wedding- beautiful sunset views over the bay, fantastic photo opportunities in the Park plus the availability of the rides.
It’s what makes our venue more fun than any other in Melbourne!
Some of our optional extras include:
- Florist available
- Photographer available
- Celebrant available
- Hair and makeup stylist available
- Bridal service, massage & cleansing at discounted rates